Saturday, July 26, 2014

Making the Right Choice

A friend recently gave me a heartfelt advice.  I thought I share it with those in need as it had helped me put things in perspective.

I was in a state of despair for being terribly wronged unfairly.  The instinct was to fight back and make the wrong-doers pay for their deeds.  My friend, who had gone through similar, but in much greater magnitude, experience calmly advised me to make the right choice of where to dedicate my energy and resources.  He reminded me that I now had a choice to either be in a place surrounded by friends who cared about me and would watch out for me, or back to a snake pit where everyone was out to get one another.  He understood that the wrong-doer side would continue their assault to justify their behaviors and further their deeds.  But he made a personal choice to focus on the positives bestowed upon him TODAY.  Whenever the wrong-doers tried to further their assault, instead of spending his energy fighting the malice, he would turn around and be a blessing to someone else.

The words raced through my head.  Whenever I thought about justice and getting back, my inside was filled with anger and rage.  However, when I thought about being a blessing to others, it felt liberating and peaceful.  One was exhausting, the other was energizing.  The choice was very clear.

It is my sincere hope that my friend's message can help you as it did me.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, truly the words of wisdom. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete