Friday, June 6, 2014

Let the Positive Prevail!


My daughter graduated from the middle school this week.  At her commencement, I was very much touched by Principal Allen's message on keeping a positive attitude no matter what life threw at you!

For those of us that have been around the block a few times, we are keenly aware that life is full of twists and turns.  In many cases what happens is not fair!  It is only human that we grieve, gripe, and groan when the unfortunate happens.  I do so as I am only human too.  But I've learned that it is more productive and energizing when I focus on the positives and the lessons life is teaching me through each unfortunate event.

My life lessons had always been associated with death...death of a past, a loved one, or a way of life.  Each was extremely painful, and sometimes full of darkness, and yet, each exposed me to something positive that I was unaware of otherwise.  The positives could be a great person, a new opportunity, an important lesson, a new strength, and on and on, that I would have never gained.  So even in the darkest moments, I've learned to look for something, no matter how insignificant it may seem, that is positive to be thankful for.  It gives me strength and hopefully does you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment