Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Start from Ourselves First

I am often asked the question about whether I feel being discriminated against as a woman, particularly a Chinese woman.  These are genuine questions coming from my fellow Chinese female friends.  Some come from the perspective of being truly concerned about my well being as a woman "roughing it" in a men's world.

I am not so naive to think that discrimination didn't exist.  But we can always start from ourselves by not discriminating against anyone simply based on one's characteristics from birth instead of deeds.  We cannot control what others do, but we can certainly control what we do.  If all women practice this principle, then we will automatically stop 50% of discrimination in the entire population.  That will be a phenomenal success by any means!  So, let's start from ourselves first.

1 comment: